Last Updated: May 16, 2019
3. Types of Information We Collect
3.2 Information You Submit Directly. We collect personal information that you provide directly to us when you use the Services, including information that you submit to us when you: create a Gemma account, place an order, update your information through your account settings, email us, submit inquiries or information through mechanisms on the Sites, respond to quizzes, or interact with us via social media. The personal information that we collect directly from you includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number)
- Billing information (e.g., credit/debit card information, billing address)
- Account information (e.g., username, password, security questions and answers)
- Date of Birth
3.3 Information We Collect Automatically. We also collect information from you automatically during your use of the Services. We receive and record information from your browser or your mobile device when you visit the Sites or use the Services, such as your IP address or unique device identifier, operating system, cookies, date and time of visit, length of visit, pages viewed, and referring URLs. We store this information in log files. We may combine this information collected from your browser or mobile device with other information that we or our partners collect about you, including across your devices.
3.5 Social Media. When you access the Services through a social network, such as Facebook or Instagram, we may collect information from the social network where permitted by the settings of your social media account. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources, or persons that refer you to Gemma.
- process and fulfill orders you place for Gemma products;
- provide targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising through the Services and from third parties;
- aggregate data regarding your use of the Services, and generate reports relating to such use, which reports may be produced by third-party service providers;
- contact you with promotional materials and other information of interest (if you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, you may unsubscribe through the link provided in any of the communications or through your account settings);
- provide you with personalized content and services offered by us;
- moderate, display, and disseminate any information and other content you have submitted through the Services;
- customize, modify and improve the features, performance, and support of the Services;
- offer and conduct surveys, sweepstakes, contests and other promotions;
- assist with our internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement;
- detect, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or illegal activities; and
- communicate with you or initiate communication with you on behalf of third parties through your account or through other means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone), or postal mail, including through the use of contact information that you provide to us or (where it is lawful for us to do so) that we otherwise obtain from third-party resources.
Information you post to public areas of the Sites and Services (including any areas that may be viewed by other users of the Sites) may be accessed, used, and stored by third parties around the world. We cannot control how others may use information you choose to post to public areas of the Sites or Services.
5. How We Share Your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information to any third party, but your Personal Information may be shared with third parties either directly by you through the features of the Services (within your control) or by Gemma in the circumstances described below.
5.1 With Your Consent: When you expressly consent to allow us to share your Personal Information for specific uses, this includes through accepting any notices on the Sites or through the Services.
5.2 With Our Service Providers and Vendors: As reasonably needed to operate the Services, including without limitation, the processing and fulfillment of order, your Personal Information may be shared with certain third-party service providers, vendors, agents, and other persons who assist us in providing the Services. Such third parties may access your information as necessary to perform their functions and such parties will be required to adhere to confidentiality obligations. The Services may also share aggregated information with third parties to allow such third parties to serve advertisements online. Some examples of third-party service providers and vendors that Gemma currently uses are:
5.2.3 We use Facebook Pixels to reach Sites visitors after they have left the Sites. Visitors to the Sites may be shown Gemma advertisements while using Facebook. You can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
5.2.4 We use a third-party payment processor, Stripe, for Gemma subscription payments. Gemma does not store credit/debit card details. You can read more about how Stripe uses your Personal Information here: https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
5.3 In Order to Comply with Applicable Law: We will disclose your Personal Information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a government entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (i) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (ii) protect our rights or property, or that of affiliated companies, or the rights or property of others; (iii) prevent a crime; or (iv) protect the personal safety of other users or the public.
5.5 In Connection with the Purchase of Our Business: We may transfer your Personal Information to an acquirer (and its affiliates or agents) as part of any sale of the business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our or our assets. You will be notified of such an event by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites. This may also include as part of an insolvency proceeding or dissolution. Personal Information will not be sold independently as an asset of our business.
5.7 Security of Your Information. You are responsible for keeping your account information and relevant passwords secure and private. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Do not share your password or username with anyone else.
6. Information About Children. Our Services are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 21 years of age has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files and terminate the child’s account.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of the Gemma Sites who are California residents to request, once a year, certain information regarding Gemma’s disclosure of personal information, if any, to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Your CA Privacy Rights” in the subject line or write to us at: Gemma Labs Inc., 240 Second Avenue South, #300, Seattle, WA 98104.